Here's the haps for Friday, Oct. 24:
• The Guardian asks which character has the worst name in fiction?
• Should mystery writers have rules? The Sun-Sentinel's Off The Page book blog says nay.
• PoeWar explains how to map out your novel's characters.
• Sarah Weinman on the David Foster Wallace memorial.
• Ken Levine shows what happens when a table reading goes nuts.
• Words I'd never thought I'd see together: outsourcing and copy editing. USA Today has the scoop.
• Could the Smiths be close to reuniting?
• Paul Westerberg talks to The Guardian about The Replacement's legacy.
• Zombie will like this: Topless Robot lists the top zombie movies of all time.