Thursday, July 23, 2009

Logline Central - Sacred Prey


Logline Central is an irregular segment that takes a deeper look at loglines of scripts or projects that have just been purchased, as listed on DoneDealPro.

I was taking a break from work (one of many) yesterday and came across this.


Title: Sacred Prey
Logline: A loan shark kills a man he believes duped him, only to wake up and find himself in the body of that man three days before the murder. He then must undertake a furious effort to prevent the murder he committed.
Writer: Brad Ingelsby
More: To be adapted from Vivian Schilling's novel. Room 101's Steven Schneider and Energy's Brooklyn Weaver will produce. Warner's Matt Reilly & Niija Kuykendall will oversee.


What caught me about SACRED PREY is that, to me, this is a great logline. I might not want to see the movie, but this is the one that jumped off the screen and stuck with me throughout the day. A man commits murder, and then winds up in the body of the person he killed - with enough time to prevent the murder. Awesome.

Do I have questions about it? Sure. How does his murderous self - whom I assume is still operating, but as a separate antagonist now - change, or does he? Does our protagonist wind up having to fight his physical body from within his victim's body? The more I try to piece it together, the more I question. But, the more intrigued I become. This might be a flawed script, it might fail to address those and a million other questions. But the logline got my interest, and if I was a VP of Acquisitions, I would request a read. (From a VP's p.o.v., I'm sure it doesn't hurt in the least bit that this comes from source material, i.e. Vivian Schilling's novel.)

No comments: