Wednesday, December 03, 2008

More free academy consideration screenplays for your perusal - Rachel Getting Married, Synecdoche, New York


Words can't describe how happy it's made me to have the screenplays of a few of my favorite movies of the year made available online by their studios. I linked to the first batch of free screenplays (click here for that post) earlier, including Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona and The Dark Knight. This new batch has me even more excited.

Rachel Getting Married is currently my frontrunner for favorite film of 2008, and Charlie Kaufman's Synecdoche, New York has to at least win for the year's most unusual script. I'm looking forward to comparing these scripts with the DVD releases of the films.

Here's the treasure:

Rachel Getting Married - October 17, 2007 revised draft by Jenny Lumet

Synecdoche, New York - July 30, 2007 revised draft by Charlie Kaufman

I've Loved You So Long - undated, unspecified draft by Philippe Claudel

Thanks again to SimplyScripts!

1 comment:

Cake Man said...

I still haven't seen Synecdoche, but as you know, I loved Rachel Getting Married. I'll be interested to read the script and see how it stands against the film. If even half of the character depth that came across on the screen is in there, I'll be blown away (and taking furious notes).