Thursday, October 09, 2008

Michael Connelly unveils video teasers for The Brass Verdict



It's no secret that I'm a fan of Michael Connelly. In a few short months, I tore through over a dozen of his Harry Bosch novels and two non-Bosch books. All were good, some were great and none were bad. This Monday, his latest novel, The Brass Verdict hits stores. The story focuses on Mickey Haller, an attorney Connelly has spotlighted before. To my glee, it also features Bosch. Fans of Connelly's work also know there's a definite connection between the two characters, who have never met in Connelly's books before.



To help promote the new book, Connelly has put together three promo videos featuring content complementary to the novel. If you're a fan of the author and plan on getting the book, this is must-see stuff. The videos were directed by noted mystery author Terrill Lee Lankford.

You can check out the video trailers here. And, yes, that is Corbin Bernsen.

Here's one of the videos:



[Via Off The Page]

2 comments:

Zombie said...

This is cool. Does he do this for all of his books, or is this a first? I'm not used to seeing trailers for novels.

Alex Segura said...

Not sure if he's done this before. I think it's relatively new, as far as crime novels go. Connelly's probably one of the best when it comes to properly marketing himself. I know Brad Meltzer had a trailer for The Book of Lies, but it wasn't as plot-centric as this. It was more "Hey, look at what all these famous people think about my book! I iz popularz!"