Monday, July 21, 2008

Vacation coming to a close...



I'm leaving the big apple for the next week on a stint of (fun) work-related travel. July has been the busiest time of the year for me at my day job, and it's just been taking it all out of me. I've been getting home and having the hardest time putting words to the page and it's been very frustrating.

I finished a first draft of a new screenplay in late June and have only really been picking at it with a fork since then. I have a good feeling that after this little hiatus I'll be starting something new rather than going straight into the full-blown rewrite.

I'm hoping that after a week in sunny San Diego, when things start to slow down at work, I'll be refreshed enough to get back into the game. It's probably good just to take it easy for a couple weeks.

No comments: